Founded in 1979 by Peter R. and Carol Beukema, Suburban Inns develops, owns, and operates six hotels in Michigan: the Hampton Inn of Holland, the Holiday Inn Express of Holland, the Holiday Inn Express of Grand Rapids SW/Grandville, the Holiday Inn of Midland, the Courtyard Marriott of Holland, and the Hilton Garden Inn Grand Rapids East. Suburban Inns also owns and manages Big E’s Sports Grill in Holland, Midland, and Grand Rapids as well as Sharkee’s Bar and Grill in Holland.
St. Ignace, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids, MI (Coming Soon)
More than just providers of quality hospitality service, Suburban Inns’ design and construction team has decades of experience crafting the very framework of unforgettable experiences. By ideating and building the very same properties we staff, Suburban Inns ensures a start-to-finish commitment to excellence. Where others outsource ideas and hard work, we believe the best resources are found within.
A team of leaders.
At Suburban Inns, we strive to be:
Every team member looks beyond their specific job description to consider the broader company goals. Team members own and are accountable for the company’s reputation. This way, when Suburban Inns succeeds, everyone on the team does, too.
From food presentation to the mattress in each room and the friendly response of a team member, quality is evident in all that we offer. Suburban Inns’ hotels consistently place in the top 15% of our franchise brands, based on guest surveys for taste and presentation of meals, the fit and finish of our rooms and the quality of public spaces.
The essence of the hospitality industry is to serve others, putting service over self. A helpful spirit is infused in our company culture by everyone living our trademarked phrase “every employee is empowered to exceed your expectations.”
Our quality ratings are consistently among the top of our brands worldwide, and we’re proud of our team’s many accomplishments. We always push to go above and beyond to exceed guest expectations at every turn. With our staff and management team living this philosophy, together we’ve been awarded some of the top honors in our industry, including:
- MLTA Sales and Marketing Star of the Year 2018 (Lori Varner, Corporate Director of Sales)
- Courtyard Direct Sales Leader of the Year 2018 (Lori Varner, Corporate Director of Sales)
- Intent to Recommend Award (Courtyard by Marriott Holland)
- Room Cleanliness Award (Courtyard by Marriott Holland)
- Marriott Platinum Circle Award (Courtyard by Marriott Holland)
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Eleven Quality Excellence Awards
- Six Torchbearer Awards
- One S.M.A.R.T Service Excellence Award
- One Circle of Excellence Award (Hampton Inn)
- Best Sports Bar voted by the Great Lakes Bay Regional CVB (Big E’s Sports Grill)
- Number one ranked Holiday Inn (Midland) in the state of Michigan
- Top 20 Holiday Inns in all of the Americas
- Top five Courtyard by Marriott hotels in the brand
- 2016 and 2017 Holland Sentinel Bests of the Best Sports Bar (Big E’s Sports Grill)
- 2016 and 2017 Holland Sentinel Bests of the Best Hotel (Courtyard by Marriott)
- IHG’s Best of the Best Guest Experience Champion of the Year (Grant Hirst, GM, Holiday Inn)
- Hotel Magazine’s “20 GMs to Watch List” (Grant Hirst, GM, Courtyard by Marriott Holland Downtown)