Hotel is First by Brand in West Michigan
EMBARGO FOR APRIL 11, 2019
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. April 11, 2019 —West Michigan hotel developer and operator Suburban Inns officially opened Embassy Suites by Hilton today in the North Monroe District of downtown Grand Rapids at 710 Monroe.
The new hotel is the first Embassy Suites brand hotel in West Michigan, and the first upscale all-suites hotel option in downtown Grand Rapids.
The seven-story hotel features 250 two-room suites with a view of the Grand River or the city, many with a balcony. Amenities also include the Big E’s Sports Grill, a Michigan-shaped indoor pool, and an indoor/outdoor spa and Whitewater Lounge on the second level, with a Whitewater Café serving Rowster’s Coffee on the main floor. The hotel also has a five meeting and event rooms named after historic Grand Rapids furniture companies.
Embassy Suites is famous for its cook-to-order breakfast and a manager’s reception daily. The brand has a loyal following of customers who seek high value but also upscale suite style accommodations.
“Our hotel provides spacious suites and delivers on the key amenities travelers want like a 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and free made-to-order breakfast,” said Brian Behler, general manager, Embassy Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown. “Business and leisure travelers alike will also love the property’s convenient downtown location with room features like large TVs, a living area with sofa and in-room workout facilities in select suites.”
Suburban Inns began construction on the property in 2017. The opening of this hotel gives the local company a portfolio of seven hotels in Michigan across three brands—IHG, Marriot, and Hilton. The company also operates 5 restaurants, including four Big E’s and one Sharkee’s.
“Embassy Suites is a very unique brand, with special amenities, and we are happy to work with Hilton on this project,” said Peter D. Beukema, CHA, Suburban Inns Chief Executive Officer. “We are happy to bring our company to downtown Grand Rapids with this hotel and restaurant and believe we will contribute to the growth of downtown and the North Monroe district.”
About Suburban Inns
Founded in 1979, Suburban Inns develops, owns and operates award-winning hotels and restaurants in Holland, Grand Rapids, and Midland. Its hotels consistently rank in the top tier of restaurants in Holland, Grand Rapids, and Midland. Its hotels consistently rank in the top tier of their franchises for customer service and quality, winning some of the top awards in NorthAmerica. For more information, visit www.suburbaninns.com.
Tim Penning, Public Relations Counsel for Suburban Inns
email@example.com | 616-443-7690
Brian Behler, General Manager, Embassy Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown
Bbehler@suburbaninns.com | 616 512 5700
Kristen Wells Director, GlobalBrand Communications, Hilton
Kristen.Wells@hilton.com | 703 883 5826
In the News
The grand opening of Embassy Suites Grand Rapids Downtown and Big E’s Sports Grill was featured by several local news and hospitality organizations, including:
- Mining the Midwest: Hotel openings in the Heartland. Hotel Management. Author: Chuck Dobrosielsk. April 5, 2019.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Opens in Grand Rapids. Hospitality Net. April 8, 2019.
- A Look at Hotels Opening in the Heartland. Hotel Business. April 8, 2019.
- Embassy Suites Opens in Downtown Grand Rapids. WXMI Fox 17 News. April 11, 2019.
- 250-Room Hotel, Sports Bar Open in Downtown Grand Rapids. MLive/Grand Rapids. April 11, 2019.
- Embassy Suites on Downtown GR Riverfront Now Open. WOOD TV 8. April 11, 2019.
- New Hotel and Restaurant Opens in Grand Rapids. WZZM TV 13. April 11, 2019.
- Embassy Suites Grand Rapids Downtown Logo – Vertical (EPS, JPG, PNG)
- Embassy Suites Grand Rapids Downtown Logo – Horizontal (EPS, JPG, PNG)
- Big E’s Sports Grill Logo (EPS, JPG, PNG)
- Suburban Inns Logo with Tagline – Vertical (EPS, JPG, PNG)
- Suburban Inns Logo with Tagline – Horizontal (EPS, JPG, PNG)
- Suburban Inns Logo – Vertical (EPS, JPG, PNG)
- Suburban Inns Logo – Horizontal (EPS, JPG, PNG)
- Suburban Inns Brand Standards (PDF)